David Belcher heads the business law practice at Belcher Fitzgerald LLP. Prior to founding the firm, David worked for Goodwin Procter LLP and Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP. He has a broad range of experience in general business matters, including start-up representation, mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. He has closed numerous transactions, ranging from smaller angel financings of start-ups and other emerging companies to multi-billion dollar acquisitions involving major blue chip companies. He has also counseled companies, investors and management in connection with commercial contracts, general employment matters and corporate governance.
David’s transactional work includes:
- Representing software technology company in multi-million dollar restructuring and sale of majority interest to private equity fund
- Negotiating and closing eight figure sale of business in Caribbean
- Structuring and closing acquisitions and sales of multi-unit locations of major franchises
- Counseling sellers of family-owned independent pharmacies to national pharmacy chain
- Advising management and investors in a multi-million dollar buyout of a division of a large technology company
David’s practice also includes complex litigation involving his business clients. Early in his career he worked on an amicus brief filed with the United State Supreme Court.
As a respected practitioner with an uncommon breadth of experience and a certified mediator with over 60 hours of advanced training, parties in dispute also engage David to mediate resolution of their conflicts. David has an innate ability to connect with people from all walks of life, from the scientist to the stay-at-home caregiver to the Wall Street trader to the retiree. He readily develops trust and enables people to be comfortable around him, even in the most stressful situations. His preparation and ability to distill complicated issues are second to none. He is a creative yet pragmatic problem solver who cares deeply about his clients and achieving resolution.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Boston College Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
Editor-in-Chief, Uniform Commercial Code Reporter-Digest
- Fairfield University, B.S., cum laude
Member, Alpha Sigma Nu and Pi Mu Epsilon
Select Reported Matters:
- United States Supreme Court brief, Eastern Enterprises v. Apfel, 1997 U.S. Briefs 42
- Christo v. Yellin (In re Christo), 228 B.R. 48 (BAP 1st Cir.)