In our real estate practice we help clients buy, sell, finance and restructure real estate. We guide individuals and companies throughout the real estate transaction and provide sound advice on a wide variety of matters, including leasing, zoning and lending matters in both the residential and commercial context. Our clients include mortgage lenders, buyers, sellers, developers and nonprofit real estate organizations.
We have significant experience with commercial leases in particular. Whether the transaction is large or small, complex or more straightforward, our approach is consistent: provide diligent, effective and practical representation to the client with a goal of facilitating the transaction, protecting the client and minimizing present and future costs.
The following are representative examples of our commercial leasing experiences:
- Advised multi-location franchises of rapidly expanding national speciality fast-food restaurant on retail lease negotiations with national landlords
- Negotiated office space leases with national, regional and local landlords for technology, professional services, and biotechnology companies
- Counseled family-owners in connection with multi-million dollar development and sale of Caribbean island properties
- Advised clients concerning commercial real estate matters arising from sale of independent pharmacies to national chain
- Represented technology company in multi-million dollar commercial lease dispute in federal court
- Counseled major caterer in exclusive rights agreements at various venues
- Advised owners of real estate development services company on corporate structure and buy-sell issues