Christine heads the firm’s litigation and dispute resolution and securities arbitration practices. Christine counsels and represents publicly and privately held corporations, as well as entrepreneurs and individuals, in all manner of civil, business and employment litigation and dispute resolution and has particular expertise in trade secrets, non-compete, and unfair competition matters. Christine also has extensive experience in the securities and financial services industry both as an advocate on behalf of broker/dealers, banks and individual investors and as an arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and for the National Futures Association. She has successfully handled and tried numerous cases in both state and federal courts nationwide, and before alternative dispute resolution tribunals.
On the business side, Christine’s practice includes matters relating to the negotiation, drafting and enforcement of employment agreements and commercial contracts, real estate and commercial leasing, as well as shareholder and other intra-company and corporate matters. Christine also holds a Massachusetts real estate broker license.
Prior to founding Belcher Fitzgerald, Christine practiced complex commercial and bankruptcy litigation at a large Wall Street firm.
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Boston College Law School, J.D., cum laude
Notes Editor, Uniform Commercial Code Reporter-Digest
- Rutgers College, B.A.
Community Involvement and Organizations:
- Boston Bar Association, Business Litigation and Financial Services Sections
- Women’s Bar Foundation, Family Law Project (pro bono)
- Brookline Commission for Women, Board Secretary/Commissioner (2014 – present)
Select Reported Matters:
- United States Supreme Court brief, Eastern Enterprises v. Apfel, 1997 U.S. Briefs 42
Publications & Speaking Engagements:
- Faculty Member, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), Taking Depositions Workshop (2015,2018)
- Featured Speaker, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), Introducing and Excluding Evidence at Trial (2008)